|ABOUT NEWS HELP WANTED / INFORMATION LINK|
|PHOTOGRAPHER STYLIST HAIR & MAKE-UP ILLUSTRATOR ART DIRECTOR PRODUCE & COORDINATE|
BORN IN JAPAN
- Contemporary artist, art director
- Visiting lecturer at Tama Art University and special lecturer at Tokyo Designer Gakuin
- Robot Award 2007 (from the Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry)
- Practical Science Award (from the Robotics Society)
- Designed the Music Robot "MIURO" which was awarded winners of Japan's Prime Minister's award and has been given as gifts to foreign presidents.
- Have designed CDs and albums which, over a period of 25 years have achieved total sales of 100 million pieces.
- Have been touring internationally since 2009 as a contemporary artist.
- Over the last 25 years have produced CD jackets and other works of graphic design for popular musicians in the Japanese music scene.
- Have designed personal logos for such major stars as Ayumi Hamasaki (pop singer),Mao Asada (Olympic figure skater).and Yu Darvish (baseball player).
- Oversaw the design of a robot at the request of a robotics company in 2007 and worked with cell phone company Softbank on their phone designs and artwork.
◇ ART EXHIBITION
2010 SHINICHI HARA EXHIBITION, SHONANDAI MY GALLERY. TOKYO
2010 INTERNATIONAL ART FAIR KUNSTART ‘10 ITALY
2009 ART SINGAPORE 2009
2009 INTERNATIONAL ART FAIR KUNSTART ‘09 ITALY
2009 SHINICHI HARA EXHIBITION, SHONANDAI MY GALLERY. TOKYO
1997 SHINICHI HARA EXHIBITION, SPIRAL GARDEN, TOKYO
SHINICHI HARA EXHIBITION, HOTEL NIKKO AT BEVERLY HILLS, LOS ANGELES
SHINICHI HARA EXHIBITION, LA ARTCORE CENTER
SHINICHI HARA EXHIBITION, CAST IRON GALLERY, NEW YORK
1986 APPEARED IN MAGAZINE "ART FORUM", NEW YORK
( GOOD REVIEW ON HIS WORK "TABI" )
1985 SHINICHI HARA EXHIBITION, SIX/FIVE/TWO/GALLERY, LOS ANGELES
( EXTOLLED AND SUPPORTED BY DAVID HOCKNEY )
Series of "Sprit Faces" is that human represented spiritual things of that time into masks(face) from the past. Native Africans, Indians etc.... they used masks for various situation such as f! or various kinds of festivals, to exorcise demons by rituals, to communicate with God.
Then, there were representation of sprit of that time. So when I thought what kind of masks at this time, this series had started.
The icons which appear in this series gathered borderless from the whole world’s newspapers,illustrated books, magazines, internet ( science, religion, history, public, medical science, fashion, sports, music.... ). Human made symbols for communicate from the past. And then, I think it condenses sprit and energy of that age.
I’ve been collecting floating symbols all over the world like picking up garbages. Symbols in the works are changeable and facial expression will change depending on symbols.
Works are kept into CD-ROM and it is changed to digital to print it out any size from any where.
◇ SUPER COMMUNICATION
Series of "Super Communitation" are "Me and You", "Human and Nature", "Race and Race", "Love and Love", "Country and Country", "Religion and Religion", "East and West", "Human and Earth", "Human and Universe", "Human and God", etc....
themes are on super communication. Not only Human, Nation but the Earth as a whole... each can’t exist by itself and when it connects to something, it will recognize its existence.
Especially, at present times when human is separated from historical time and family love so I think that it is important time to have various communication.
I am greatly interested in images on "wall", "something that goes over borders", "river", "sea", "wind", "internet", "electric wave", "feeling" etc.... Especially in this series, I took care of the things that was created by unconscious energies from my fingers. Also, this series’ themes were uninfluenced by everlasting relation such as time, place, age.
◇ MUSIC GRAPHICS
Shinichi Hara has established RICE co.,ltd, a design office of music graphic arts, in 1985. He has consecutively done the CD jackets and the graphic works of the hottest musicians in Japanese music scene for last twenty years.
By collaborating with all of Ayumi Hamazaki’s works and other big-name musicians including GLAY, Eikichi Yazawa, he has created epoch-making CD jackets and graphic works representing the each time.
Shinichi Hara held the SHINICHI HARA Exhibition presenting his remarkable music graphics during these 25 years together at TV-Asahi umu in Roppongi Hills.
◇ ROBOT DESIGN
Not confined to the music graphics and art, he created a new art work for a new era merging robot and art, in collaboration with ZMP INC., the robot company which had released the first home-use humanoid robot in the world in April 2005.
2007 First in the World ! The advanced robot technology deployment
An autonomy movement music player : design by MIURO, Practical use of technology
prize winner From The Robotics Society of Japan Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry : Robot grand prix 2007 winner
2006 First in the World ! Human type bipedal robot : designer of
The artworks developed to collaborate with Kiyoyuki Okuyama(Chief designer of Ferrari)